Nurragingy Reserve is a great place to relax and have a good time. It offers the following attractions and facilities:
- Picnic and BBQ areas (wood supplied)
- Children's playgrounds
- Bush walking tracks
- Formal garden areas, planted as International Gardens
- Quiet shaded areas and pavillions
- A waterfall
- Natural bushland ideal for nature studies
- Wedding garden areas (bookings essential)
- The Nurragingy Blacksmith
- The Colebee Centre
HOW TO GET TO NURRAGINGY?
The entrance is off Knox Road, Doonside. Car and bus parking are available inside the Reserve in designated parking areas. It is a short walk from Doonside Railway Station, down Cross Street and across Knox Road.
The name "Nurragingy" commemorates one of the two aborigines of the Dharruk (Dharug, Daruk) tribe who received the first land grant to natives from Govenor Macquarie in 1819. The other title holder was Colebee, whose name has been given to the Centre within the Reserve. A painting by local Aboriginal artist Danny Eastwood, depicting this land grant hangs inside the Colebee Centre.
Contact Person: Blacktown City Council
The Jazz Australia Project is run by
and is supported by Jazz Queensland
Founder supporters below